Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - key card not recognised

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 4th February 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Car & both cards stolen !!!

Hi All - Newbie here

Hope someone on here can help me out with a major problem with my '57 reg II Laguna.

My home was burgled early January. Along with the usual TV, laptop, jewelry etc.... the little s**ts stole my car and both key cards. One in my jacket and one in my g/f's handbag.

Car was recovered within 24 hrs but it's been at a Renault dealer for over 3 weeks as they say when they try to reprogram the new key cards the process goes most of the way then comes up with an error.

I purchased 2 keys to open the passenger door from another renault dealer so Merseyside Forensics could get access to the interior. I also purchased two card keys with blank blades nad it's these that they can't recode.

The dealers are now saying that they have printed off screen-shots of the failure reports that are coming up and have sent them to Renault UK, who in turn can't give an answer and have now passed it onto Renault France techies. Dealer also says that it could be weeks or months before they have a solution as they are waiting for Renault France to get back to Renault UK HQ who will then get onto dealer as dealer cannot speak to france direct.

Anyone give me a glimmer of hope ?
Currently in Taz8130's garage:
Laguna II Dci, Fiat Scudo & Suzuki V Strom GT

Last edited by Taz8130; 4th February 2009 at 07:38 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome