Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II Xenon Light & Battery

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th February 2009 Thread Starter
The Saint
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to The Saint
Exclamation Laguna II Xenon Light & Battery

Hi all

A little story of caution for you:
About a month ago one of my xenon headlights failed, took a little time to sort it out, but during this time I started to get battery charging issues, so much so the car would not start in the morning.

On closer look I could see a blue foam stuff on the positive terminal that eventually corroded the bolt holding the lead to the terminal got this replaced and all was well I also got round to replacing the bulb and things were fine.

Then the other bulb went, but this time it took the lead with it and I was unable to replace it immediately. I then started to get the foam appear on the positive battery terminal and the battery was losing charge and would not start the car.

It has got a little lighter recently and I have not been using the dipped headlights and the battery charging issue has gone away.

I still have not got around to replacing the lead, I have concluded from this that if one of the xenon bulbs fails, and you continue to use the remaining light, then the car must be continuing to try and light the gas from ballast, or something is causing the battery to drain. The blue foam has stopped appearing on the positive terminal.

Anyway just a little story to bear in mind next time one of your xenon bulbs fail.
Currently in The Saint's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9 Dci ST

Last edited by The Saint; 5th February 2009 at 05:52 AM.
  5 Lastest Threads by The Saint
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna II Xenon Light & Battery Electronics davesss 2 2057 5th February 2009 05:47 AM
Noooo its melted.. xenon Warning Electronics The Saint 6 2165 21st January 2009 06:45 PM
Lag II Xenon Lights Failure Electronics The Saint 6 2160 10th January 2009 10:43 AM
Renault Laguna II - Air con dual zone temperatures Heating & cooling saabguy 7 5168 14th September 2008 09:56 PM
Crossed threaded wheel nuts Wheels & tyres madnoel10 1 1539 25th March 2008 05:54 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome