Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Grand Scenic - Is It Truly Practical?

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 5th February 2009
I'm a drummer, I hit things!
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by stevie32 View Post
Hi all, I have a 54 plate G Scenic, and find it to be a very practical car indeed, for something that I think is only intended to be an occasional 7 seater.

Luggage cover - All 7 seats in constant use, so cover left on top of cupboards in garage, though would aggree that it could be placed on floor in front of row 2 seats.

Row 3 seats - As mentioned, think they are only meant for occasional use, but ours are used constantly due to 5 young kids. My only gripe being where seat belt goes in to side panel of car, though this has been redesigned on later models. Fold flat system very clever and really easy to use, and creates loads of space when folded.

Row 2 seats - Very versatile, and again, easy to fold flat and adjust. Good idea they can be tilted forward or removed completely, which is done occasionally to take stuff to the local tip. I find the seats very easy to remove, though a smaller person may struggle slightly.

Underfloor storage - Can be difficult to access with front seats fully back, though having decent size door pockets and the sliding centre console, we do not need to use the underfloor storage on a regular basis. Seat back tables an absolute godsend for the kids and their colouring books.

Storage general - An abundance of storage spaces. Large front door pockets, decent size rears, cooled glove box for kids drinks, large sliding centre console with two storage compartments, 4 x underfloor storage spaces, 3 x storage spaces in boot sides and space underfloor in boot behind row 3 seats. Ample enough for our needs.

Dash - Very well laid out, easy to read and sloping windscreen gives the feeling of a vast amount of space. Climate control system easy to use, set it at 19 or 20, press auto and let it do its stuff.

All in all we find it to be a very practicl car, and we got it cheap from cyprus as well, so can not complain really

Would recommend it to anyone who asks.
You'll soon need one of these mate. I can thoroughly recommend it!

Currently in bigiainw's garage:
2016 Skoda Octavia Scout 2.0 CR 150 in Cappuccino Beige/ 2006 Renault Clio III 1.2 16v 3dr Extreme in Post Box Red/ 2013 Renault Trafic LL29 2.0 dCi (euro 5) Sport Passenger in Luxurious Gun Metal Grey with Cruise control, now with parking sensors!!!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome