Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Idiots and the snow

View Single Post
post #42 of (permalink) Old 5th February 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by hondo View Post
There was nothing better at focusing your mind on how bad it was outside than driving a car with no heater. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Try a motorbike, Hondo, in this weather you soon focus everything you have - and adrenalin is brown, believe me!!

And to answer the chat about skidpans, I have used one on 5 or 6 occasions and found them to be instrumental in learning skid control.
True, there are no solid objects to hit but it gave me the confidence to go beyond deploying panic measures and just stamping on the brake. To get out of a skid, remove the cause... tho a good driver should never get into one in the first place!

I also learnt about ABS and how to use it effectively - where else can you learn about it? Its not covered during the driving test and with most cars coming out of the showrooms with it, its little wonder people haven't a clue what's happening when they stamp on the pedal and it pulsates 15 times a second.

Political correctness defined:
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end
Currently in Nick's garage:
Jeep Wrangler Sport 2.5
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome