Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Sony GT300 head

Thread: Sony GT300 head
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 21st May 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Sony GT300 head

My name is Andy, and I drive a Laguna II 1.8 on a 54' plate. This is the latest of several Renaults I've owned (12,14,16,18, Fuego, Megane hatch, and Megane coupe were the others) and I'm very pleased with it so far.

Having browsed through the previous threads on the subject, I would appreciate some further advice on upgrading the basic "tuner list" stereo system. There are 8 speakers in all, with the front tweeters mounted on the dash. I'm just looking to achieve more power and better sound quality by changing the head unit and speakers, without getting involved in cutting parcel shelves, and mounting subs.

I'm interested in the Sony GT300 head unit, and Alpine SXS 1357 component speakers. Do the speakers plug into the existing wiring or are adapters needed? (I don't want to cut the wires). What is a crossover box, and must it be wired differently to the existing set-up? How do aftermarket tweeters fit into the cavities on the dash, and rear doors? Is there an available head unit that the stalk control & display will plug straight into?

Many thanks in advance, and congratulations on a great looking forum.

Currently in a.rainsford's garage:
  5 Lastest Threads by a.rainsford
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna II Mileometer reading suddenly zeroed and... Electronics johnboyw 1 442 1st June 2014 06:01 PM
Laguna II keycard battery removal Electronics a.rainsford 5 2477 5th August 2012 08:30 PM
Laguna II Fan Control Light Interiors a.rainsford 2 789 1st February 2012 09:39 PM
Laguna II Front passenger seat removal Bodywork a.rainsford 0 1182 25th March 2011 02:00 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome