Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic leaking diesel*Fixed*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th February 2009 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Scenic leaking diesel*Fixed*

I went to fill up the Scenic this morning at our local shell station, i filled it right up to the brim with the intention checking the mpg.
As i came back to the car after paying a motorcyclist drew my attention to the puddle of diesel that was under my car and getting bigger.
I went back into the shop and informed the 2 muppets behind the counter who just looked at me as if i was talking martian. One of them came out to have look and i asked him where he would like me to park my car while i waited for the rac.
He said i couldn't leave it on the forecourt as it was blocking a pump and he had a tanker due in. I replied that i wasn't going to move it off the forecourt as i didn't want diesel leaking all over the road. He just walked off and went back inside.
I left the car at the pump and went inside the shop to phone the rac.
I then got talking to a taxi driver who went to have a look and came back and told me it wasn't leaking anymore.
So i cancelled the rac and drove home, 5 hours later the gauge is still showing full and theres one tiny spot of diesel (about 2" diameter) under my car.
I had a look at the filler pipe but the leak appears to be coming from the top of the tank.
I think i'll leave it for the moment and just won't fill the tank more than 2/3 full and i'll investigate further when we get some warmer weather.
Strange thing is i had the exact same problem on my old peugeot, never got round to fixing it though.
Currently in Jonlucpicard's garage:
2010 Grand Scenic 1.5 dCi Privilege Tomtom
  5 Lastest Threads by Jonlucpicard
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Smoke on start up Engines Jonlucpicard 14 4112 8th November 2010 03:38 PM
Central locking wiring? Electronics mickpm 1 1372 23rd August 2010 08:09 AM
Ipod not recognized Electronics SportTourer 4 1760 18th August 2010 07:02 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome