Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Clutch pedal stays down ? = Master Cylinder

View Single Post
post #37 of (permalink) Old 6th February 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by slc0295 View Post

I`m sorry, my cars pedal stucked again today. At least it worked okay few days. My car has 223 000 km and problem is that pedal has worned up. That spring is in the cabin, in top of pedal. I don`t have part number, I threw away that plastic bag. It was about three ours job to take pedal away and release and change that spring. My friend is car mechanic, he promised me, that he makes a limiter to pedal. That limiter then prevent pedal going too down. Then that spring releases better. Only things what I hasn`t changed in clutch are pedal, and slave cylinder. Everything else has been changed, now he tries this method.

In my car has been several problems, gear box (6 gears fwd) has been changed, brake problems, everything is changed. ETC......

Car is wonderful to drive, but lucky that I have friend like mine, else service station owner will put red carpet under me ;-) Of course parts has been expensive.

P.S I will write about this project, if it will help somebody with same problem. I will discribe so well as I can what he does. Shame that I ain`t that mechanic, hopes you to understand.
Thanks for the info..
What I do is not to press the pedal to the bottom...then it never locks!....
It's like a my foot ;-)
Currently in sateliteboca's garage:
no car for the moment
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome