Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Xenon Headlights - Discussion & how to change out

View Single Post
post #77 of (permalink) Old 6th February 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking Changing HID H/L bulb shortcut.

Originally Posted by stormin30 View Post
How when in France can it be possible to replace a HID H/L bulb at the roadside to ensure legality with the French 'spare-bulbs' requirement???

What is the police attitude to this as it can't be done!
Having had to repair ballast on passenger side recently
as well as fitting 2 new bulbs (6000w)up-grade makes a big difference (thanks to convert to exion )great service,use the containers to put old but working bulbs as spares anyway ime rambling now.
Hear goes my short-cut saves taling front bumper off.
Remove washer bottle tube by twisting and firmly pulling.
2,Remove iether the cover over the battery or carefully unscrew the small cover on the driver side and remove.
3,Unsrew the 4 screws along the front grill panel on the top.Note these plastic screws,fixing may break so get some in advance or as spare.
4,unbolt headlight 2 bolts then gently twist and slide headlight out ,ensure bulbs are disconected and headlight adjustment unit.
REplace ment is reversal,i have worked out now i can change a H/L bulb within 15 mins.
I did the abouve in the freezing cold and snow in the dark due to being pulled over by pc plod.
I used the repair tip abouts waterloged ballasts in another thread and it worked.
Currently in mikethebike's garage:
Renault Laguna 111.9dci and yamaha xj900f
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome