Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Warrantys

Thread: Warrantys
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 21st May 2006 Thread Starter
Jayne Doe
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Originally Posted by Horatio
Now I could be wrong here, but the previous owner probably still has the right to transfer the warranty to you.

If the previous owner's details aren't on any of the paperwork, then I think you can get them from the DVLA for a small fee. It might be worth approaching them and seeing if they'll give you the remainder of their warranty, or maybe sell it to you for a nominal fee. After all, it's worth nothing to them.
Yeah you wud have thought so wouldn't you, I think on the Harmony website it even talks about it adding value to your car etc etc.. but the 2nd hand car salesman that sold me the car told me he was gonna do just that and contact the previous owner, and if that failed he was big mates with the Renualt garage and wud "sort it out with them" well either he cudn't contact the previous owner or something but Renualt know about the 3rd party involved and have nil and voided the warranty - bit disgusting really that have been paid for it after all - But i so appreciate the support i ha ve received from this site, it feels like the only good thing about owning a Renault - lol Jayne x
Currently in Jayne Doe's garage:
Ford Fiesta Zetec 55
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome