Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - indicators,brakelights, and mileometer not working

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th February 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question indicators,brakelights, and mileometer not working

Hi all, I've got a Renault Laguna DTi Alize 99. Over christmas we had to put a new gearbox in and during that time the car sat on jacks for six weeks with the battery off. Since putting it all back together it worked fine for a couple of journeys, however then the electronics started playing up. First the mileometer went, then the 'abs' and 'serv' light came up and then the box with the squiggly line (which I have since been told is the emmissions light) all came up on the dash, then to top it all off the indicators stopped working. They wont flash on the dash either, but the hazzards are working great. So there is nothing wrong with the bulbs or relay. The fuse hasn't blown either. It turned out that we had a leaky wheel cylinder on the n/s rear wheel (probably from the excess pressure whilst on the jack) we changed this but still the electrical problem persists. On our next trip out the brake lights have decided to stop working! It is beginning to feel like a jinx! So if anyone has any helpful ideas or knows what has caused this it would be greatly apprecciated. I await your responses eagerly!!
Currently in soko's garage:
1999 Renault Laguna I 1.9 tdi, Honda vtr 1000f Firestorm
  5 Lastest Threads by soko
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
indicators,brakelights, and mileometer not working Electronics soko 2 972 7th February 2009 09:57 AM
Help Please!! Rear wheel cylinder replacement? Wheels & tyres soko 8 3599 31st January 2009 07:07 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome