Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How much have you spent on your Renault this year

View Single Post
post #235 of (permalink) Old 7th February 2009
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Well we are only 6 weeks into 2009 and the "Plastic/aluminimum Pig" is at it again ....

1 x Rear Hatch glass (some nice person with a half brick) 795 (only 70 by me the rest between Autoglass and my insurance company)

1 x Alternator belt inc fitting 40 (required because the alternator was being replaced )

1 x Renault Battery inc fitting 132 (Required because the alternator had damaged the battery

1 x Alternator inc fitting 534 (Internal fault )

2 x Uniroyal 550 tyres 240 (inc fitting, balance & disposal ... not that bad really )

1 x Tracking adjustment 30 (4 wheel check)

Ok its not all "its a Renault" but the alternator is just crap quality ... the car still only has 32K miles on it and its 4 years old, the Renault Harmony warranty paid for the bulk of the work after a fight (why I dont know ... a fault is a fault and its covered, why try to weasle out of paying) and Uncle Arnold and RCS forked out 132 as a contribution ... so a whopping 1771, Ok I only paid 380 and most of that was consumables but its depressing .... warranty is out in September and I'm afraid so is the Espace ... :loser:

Why is it the older I get .... the better I think I was ?
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome