Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Idiots and the snow

View Single Post
post #44 of (permalink) Old 7th February 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Idiots and snow...

Well on Thursday I enjoyed a wonderful trek from here down to Northampton. Now they had it pretty bad down there on Thursday with the snow and all that (though not as bad as on Friday for the South West, so I hear) but me and my trusty Movano van just about made it, a few slippery hills and tricky junctions but we made it. Unlike all the cars that kept blocking my way 'cos the people driving them didn't know how to handle a car in snowy conditions Lorries I will forgive, they break traction so easily in those conditions. Anyway...

So, it is (was) Saturday morning, the snow has pretty much gone but I live on a cul-de-sac and the snow on the road has lingered on. We decide to head off to town for a spot of shopping so we all jump in the mighty Cav to go out...

Except of course I got the Cav well and truly stuck in a "turning around" incident on the street - all of three feet away from my parking space! Oh dear, I had to get the shovel and a bag of salt out - all this on maybe less than a half inch of icy slushy snow. Boy was my face red this morning, all the kids that live on the street having a good laugh, the Mrs having a good laugh and I think even the baby was having a jolly good laugh at me

So I shall now call myself an "idiot and the snow (or lack thereof)"

The Vauxhall Cavalier - one of the safest cars you'll bump into
Currently in Bob925's garage:
2015 '65 Vauxhall Astra SRi, and a variety of "lovely" buses
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome