Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Idiots and the snow

View Single Post
post #50 of (permalink) Old 8th February 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I ended up on the A4500 on Thursday, 5th on my way over to Rushden from Northampton way. Man was that fun I kept going and going, thinking "well at least there are no hills" Spoke too soon as a whopper came into view. I saw the cars ahead bunch up and slow right down so I knew they were spinning out. So I motoered up the hill past them only to be confronted by the road blocked by two lorries stuck at the traffic lights unable to move. I had to stop but unfortunately couldn't get going again. Then an (at the time so I thought) idiot in one of the cars flew pat me on the wrong side of the road up the hill. The down hill part had two tarmac looking black lines running down it, the chap obviously knew he had traction there and went for it. I did a as it was a blind crest on the hill and a car coming the opther way, even slowly would never have stopped safely. I then noticed a gent in a Land Rover drive up to the taffic lights, got out, put a hi-viz on and waved at me to drive up the wrong side of the road. I managed to reverse down the hill a bit to get into the clear tracks and up I went. The kindly Landy bloke had stopped oncoming traffic to allow me and the other few cars to get past safely - god bless that man

As 5th mentions the A14 and A45 were closed, I ended up heading for Liecester up through Market Harborough, unfortunately I was stuck beind a sim,ilar stuck lorry situation on a duel carriageway that took iover an hour to get past alone, a good 2 miles of it In the end Rushden to Liecester took 3 1/2 hours, and the place in Liecester I was heading to was shut. Nice.

The Vauxhall Cavalier - one of the safest cars you'll bump into
Currently in Bob925's garage:
2015 '65 Vauxhall Astra SRi, and a variety of "lovely" buses
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome