Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane I - Infra-Red Plip Queries

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th February 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Megane I - Infra-Red Plip Queries

Right - i've read the threads and i'm a little confused! I have 2 keys - the first is working fine and dandy, the second was dead. I got some new batteries and it's working now. But - it doesn't work. I'm guessing it needs reprogramming (I assume!) - now - i've looked at the reprogramming guides. I've got the original 'Pre-Delivery Inspection' sheet and it says 'Remote Control Code No.' and it has the code 6994U - Is that the code I need to use to reprogram (obviously without the U)?

Now the guides seem a little vague about programming the remotes, can I just program the one that didn't work? Leaving the existing working one as is? Or do I have to do them both? AND If I do have to do them both will do I perform the entire procedure with them both? ie. run it through with remote 1 and then run it through with remote 2?

Sorry to be a bit wet - I just don't want to mess it all up!

5 Lastest Threads by kip
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane I Knocking Noise (Clutch?!?) * FIXED * Engines dave_mezza2006 12 2974 25th August 2009 03:22 PM
Megane I - Matrix Removal Heating & cooling kip 5 1771 23rd August 2009 02:23 PM
Megane I - Starting Problem Engines kip 4 1104 9th June 2009 10:16 AM
What Alloys for my Megane I ? Wheels & tyres lockster0191 1 1095 27th February 2009 06:35 PM
Megane I 1.4 RT - Idling Low / Warning Lights Engines kip 6 1764 25th February 2009 09:43 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome