Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Dealer And Garage Recommendations

View Single Post
post #219 of (permalink) Old 10th February 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry ************* - steer clear of them!

Not sure if I'm meant to put 'anti-recommendations' on this thread, however I just have to share my bad experience with ************* with you all!

Being thoroughly fed up with the local Renault dealers I had a look around the web and found this lot - seems a good idea, you book the service online and they arrange for one of their 'approved agents' near you to collect your car, do the work and then return it to you, and the price seemed reasonable.

This was my Scenic II's 72,000 mile service which includes a timing belt change. The website states that the work will be carried out 'according to the manufacturers schedule' however they didn't change the anti-freeze or the brake fluid despite me highlighting the fact that these items should be attended to - in fact they didn't even change the spark plugs because 'they looked OK' but they hadn't been changed since the last service so I would have expected them to be changed as a matter of course.
The website also states that the car will be cleaned inside and out before being returned - ours was returned with a significantly dirtier interior than when it went in, with oily finger marks on several parts of the cloth upholstery and even on the headlining! And while the outside had obviously been jet-washed it was a very cursory effort, with many parts of the car still quite dirty including the door mirror glasses.

Things got worse when I complained to ************* both by email and tradutional letter - emails were initially acknowledged but then never replied to and letters were completely ignored - I eventually resorted to sending a letter by recorded delivery and even then I had to phone them to get a response. I eventually got a 40 refund (on an 800 bill) but I was so pi***ed off I just accepted it.

I appreciate I may just have been unlucky with the garage that did the work (it was in *************) but the subsequent poor handling of my complaint really annoyed me. Perhaps other people have had a happy experience with *************, but I'm afraid that I would have to advise folks to stay well clear of them...

**I'm afraid that the forum runs a strict naming and shaming policy. Because of this, I have had to remove the name, location and link from your post**

Please refer to the forum rules if you are in any doubt
Currently in AuldNick's garage:
2004 Scenic 1.6 petrol; 1989 Mazda Eunos Roadster (MX-5)

Last edited by Pat.w; 10th February 2009 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Name, location and link removed
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome