Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Interiors - Electric Window Problems - Regulator Repairs

View Single Post
post #243 of (permalink) Old 10th February 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
laguna window mech

Must disagree Mike4369,I have buggered about with cars since I was 17 and am now 60 so have got a fair degree of hands on experience and after looking on Ebay for cheap replacement winder mechs (50-80 seems going rate)and most are S/H or mucking about trying to find replacement cable(Halfords ?) and then working out correct lengths and setting it all back up again,I think for 29-95 I'd rather send it to this guy who replaces cables, re-cuts grooves in pulley if needed, sets it all up, greases it and returns it ready to be reinstalled is the way to go,its at least 200 cheaper than the quote I had just for the mech from a Renault dealer ! and no I have absolutely no connection with this guy so I'm not trying to "sell him",Alex

ps PAT W,I emailed this guy and he has given me full permission to post the PDF file of how to dismantle door panel/winder mech on this site,his words were if it helps anybody he's happy,and I can forward this email if need be,so again if you want this pdf of how to strip the door panel and remove winder mech for inclusion on the forum I'm happy to send it,Alex
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome