Independent Renault Forums banner

2002 Clio - Sirius 34 ECU - Wiring Loom

8K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  rectorspectre 
#1 ·
Hello All,

This is my first post, although I have been an interested reader for a while. I have looked through the FAQ's and the articles and have not been able to find a solution, so here goes.

I have had trouble with my 2002 Clio (1.4 16v Privilege K4J) for a while now, basically refusing to start and strange flashings of the immobiliser lights.

After almost 2 years of these problems, countless trips to dealers, local garages and auto-electricians I finally thought I had stumbled (via the internet) across a solution.

It appeared that I could send the Siemens Sirius 34 ECU away to have it decoded to remove the immobiliser function. So I did.

The recoded ECU came back with a note saying that I should cut the wire on the loom which corresponds to pin 58 on the ECU before plugging in the ECU. Supposedly this was to avoid a dodgy signal to/from the ECU/immobiliser.

My problem is this:

Having located pin 58 on the ECU and located the corresponding socket on the plug part of the loom, it appears that there is no wire into location 58!

Anybody know which wire I should be cutting?

See less See more
#3 ·
Yup, believe it or not I have already tried that route....

Anyway, the response I have got so far is that my engine (K4J 710) was fitted with a different wiring loom to those that were fitted to all other clio's of that time. Apart from the V6.....

Dubious, I know, but this is what I am being told.

So, do this shed any more light? Anybody out there with any clue at all which wire going into the ecu is the quote @immobiliser wire'?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.