Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Bit of advice on recent purchase

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th February 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Bit of advice on recent purchase

Here goes, ive just bought a 98 laguna 2.0 16v executive and thought id ask you guys a couple of things. Ive introduced myself on the new member bit.

Aye, one of the reasons i bought it is that its been changed from silver to MATT BLACK, different i know. Only cost me 400 as well so thought id take a chance but i really like it and want to get it running/looking good. Its got a strong engine for the power its got and gearbox etcs good and all the electrics ok for now. Leather interior good as well so not complaining. Its the first car ive bought with no history so i know nothing about it so have a couple of things to ask about.

Its done 118000 and i dont know about the timing belt. Do you think it must have been changed a couple of times? Or would it do that mileage on one?

I THINK it needs rear suspension bushes, back is very hard and i get slight wobble about 30/40 then goes away. Do you think it is the bushes?

I had the bonnet up when i bought but it wont open now. The release at the front is ok but the one inside feels stiff. I cant get any screenwash in or change the headlight bulb. Am i doing something wrong?

Well thats it for now and hope someone can help me out, especially with the bonnet with the weather were getting. Cheers, watty
Currently in watty17's garage:
1998 LAGUNA EXECUTIVE & 1986 BMW 528i
  5 Lastest Threads by watty17
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Bit of advice on recent purchase Cars & motoring Lagdti 5 1160 11th February 2009 09:10 PM
New member Welcome to RenaultForums kriswain 2 542 11th February 2009 07:49 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome