Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 2 V6 Coil Problem (I think!)

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th February 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna 2 V6 Coil Problem (I think!)

Today I have noticed that my Laguna 2 V6 has started idling weirdly and running very poorly, when driving home the whole car seemed to be vibrating! It also seems to be misfiring and I have a lack of power as well.

I think itís one of the coils , but not to sure! I phoned Halfords (not the best place for a quote I know) and they have told me that I canít just replace one coil by its self, they said that I have too replace 3 coils at a time as there is a specific location for each coil and the engine management system knows what coil goes where! Is this true?
They quoted me £112.12 for each coil but they could not just sell one as they come in a pack of 3 so a total of £336.36!

After doing a lot of reading I seem to be getting the impression that you can replace just 1 coil by itself! Is this true?

If so, do I need a specific coil for the location of the one that has failed or can I buy just one coil and put it in its place?

Also, I know itís a pencil type coil but will any coil for any Laguna 2 fit? Or is there one specific for the V6 model?

My car is a 2002

Please help

Currently in TheDom1's garage:
Renault Lagune 3.0 V6 Initiale
  5 Lastest Threads by TheDom1
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna 2 V6 Coil Problem (I think!) Electronics deni.babe 10 1982 12th February 2009 07:01 PM
Laguna - 3.0 V6 Estate Initiale - Gears &... Engines polecat 4 1134 17th November 2007 08:24 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome