Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic Passanger Window Problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th February 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Scenic Passanger Window Problems

Hi all

I have searched high and low for answers on this and it seems there are similar window issues but none seem to mention the issues I'm having specifically - apologies if its old and I didnt search right!

Basic story, leave the car, lock the doors and the passenger window winds itself down fully open. From this point, no amount of button pressing or re-setting windows works. Door slams, checking the opening on the window for debris etc - no luck at all.

A few hours later (usually) i'll check on the car and switch it on and it will go back up, albeit in a start stop jittery fashion. Once its up, it works fine.

So, after calling renault after the first time, they told me it was the motor needing replaced (which its obviously not since it does actually work).

The second time they told me the clips were broken, which they are not, since it does actually work!

Its now happened again, and leaving my car open late at night is not on my to-do-list - but whats going on? I've been told it can be damp/wet, but the 2nd time this happened the car was parked in a dry, fairly warm car park.

I know (hope) that again it will go up by itself and close in a few hours (again, hope!) but I can't afford to be ripped off by Renault at the moment after just moving house! Is it possible to remove a fuse or something to stop that window from being able to move at all?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as it has to be the most infuriating problem ever. Give me a winder anyday. Getting jammed will always be annoying, but jammed open?! Question is, if i got my car stolen or torched, would renault have to pay out? I'm guessing not...
  5 Lastest Threads by retrocausal
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic Passanger Window Problems Electronics Risso 21 5843 12th February 2009 08:32 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome