Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic Passanger Window Problems

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 12th February 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Mate, ive posted this and a few others on another thread.

>>>Renault Megane - Window FUBAR?!!!

My Electric Window Saga started again Today Arrrgghh.

Yesterday morning, i went to pick my Brother in law up, whilst sitting in the car outside his house waiting, i had the Drivers window half way down. I could hear a slight buzzing noise from within my door. Thought no more about it, but got back to my house and parked the car up, dead locked it and left it for the rest of the day, Last night i went out to check both cars were locked, and My Window was down !, now i should say it was 1am. So for an hour i was messing about trying to sort it.

Eventually i got it to raise, ....but...the passenger rear went down !!!!! And this git didn't want to play.

Go i had to about making room in the garage to reverse the bloody thing in, at an angle so the open window was as arkward to get into to (The car would only go three quarters in).

This morning i phoned up my local stealers, and they said bring it over asap, The mechanic brought the car straight into the garage and we discussed the problems.

He was bloody brilliant i have to say, But he gave the best and worst case scenario.

1) Drivers Reg etc, 240 + vat. window lume 79.00 +vat.

2) OR The wiring lume under the car.

This is where i nearly fell over..........If its the Lume and if there's a slight water ingress, which is a known Renault fault on Scenics and Megans, because as the lume runs under the carpet and foam backing, and water will surround it. You cant tell by touch that you have a leak, the only tell tale sign is misty inside windows in the morning.

The lume corrodes and buggers up everything on the car. This can only be fixed by replacing the whole lume, Front headlights through the car to the rear lights, everything has to be removed from the car, striped back to bare insides !.

This will set you back minimum 2500 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have a Scenic, ensure you have a warranty that will cover you, dont ever let it run out, Im lucky i realised i had three weeks left on mine, but renewed it this afternoon for another 2 years, 240.......

My car will be booked in for two weeks time.
Currently in DarrenK's garage:
2013 Fiat Panda TA Easy
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome