Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Modus - Electric Window Problems

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 13th February 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up Drivers Window Regulator failure

Thanks so much to everyone for previous posts on this thread. I joined the forum as a result of "googling" for a Modus drivers window failure. Mine went with a loud bang in the cold weather earlier this week. My Modus will be 4 years old tomorrow (14th February) and has covered 27,000 miles. Booked into the supplying dealer (Jaybee Motors of Banbury) for investigation today (13th February). After examination they reported that the regulator had failed and to repair it would cost 264 (probably a very reasonable price?). Primed from the forum I asked about extended warranty on the regulator, they went back to Renault who agreed to the cost in full. So this bears out the earlier information on this thread. Thanks again to those who put me on to the possibility of the warranty covering the repair after 4 years and thanks to Renault for prompt action. I know from bitter experience of other manufacturers who are a lot less helpful.
Currently in highfieldlad's garage:
2015 Clio Dynamique S Nav 1.5 dCi Auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome