Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New clocks arrgghhh*Fixed*

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 13th February 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to colmrenaul
Originally Posted by Karlos View Post

After complaining to my insurance company, things started to move and to cut another long saga short I just got my car back today.

This time Renault have been able to put the original mileage on the new clocks.

Also the voice computer system is fully working and the tyre pressure display now reads in psi.

But I still have to live with the new updated clocks, which will have to grow on me.

Now I,ve got to sort out my squeaky passenger window, now where can I find out how to do that....hmmm

Hi Karlos,

I'm delighted to hear you finally got your voice synthesiser working. Fair play to you for sticking to your guns and getting it sorted.
The voice synthesiser was my favourite feature on my Laguna 1 and was very disapointed that they dropped it from the laguna 2 in 2003.
However I was determined to retrofit the system and tracked down all the parts and connected them up but unfortunatley it didn't work. I had given up on getting it when I read your original post about the new clocks causing the system to stop working on your car.

I was delighted to read you'd sorted the issues.
My suspicion is that the software in my clocks does't support the feature anymore. My current Laguna (I've had 4, big fan) is a 2007 privilege 1.9 dCi 130.

I was wondering if you would be able to help me out by checking what software version your clocks now have & what make they are.

My clock details are...

Softwarwe version 04.20
Hardware 5345524945
Magneti Marelli

I just ran a self diagnostics on the instrument cluster to get this information. To do this press and hold the button on the end of the wiper skalk and then insert the card fullly into the card reader. Release the wiper stalk button the second the instrument cluster lights up like an xmas tree (If you hold the button too long it will exit and light up normally).
When you are in the diagnostics mode you can then cycle through the information screens by pressing and releasing repeatedly on the same wiper stalk button. To exit the diagnostics simply pull out the card.

I would be unbelievable greatful to get this information .

Many thanks in advance,
Currently in colmrenaul's garage:
2005 Renault Laguna 2 Initiale 2.0 dCi 150
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome