Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - ATTENTION clio mk 2 sunroof fix :)

View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 14th February 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
clio mk II sunroof leak

Hi Folks. I followed with interest the threads regarding clio sunroof leaks as we have two in the family and both recently (feb 2009) developed leaks which manifested themselves above the sun visors. Unlike a leak caused by a failed seal upon which the sunroof closes the leak which drips from above the visor is coming through the outer rim of the sunroof where it joins onto the metal (the black edging strip). It appears that beneath this strip there is a thin layer of gasket which eventually breaks down so allowing water to penetrate, albeit slowly, but due to the profile of the roof it will find its way to either the passenger or driver's side where the drip will usually fall nicely onto the seat. Removal & resealing can be done by a Renault dealer for circa 150 (but more if they suggest that the sunroof seals themselves need replacing also, note that the main seal costs circa 75 + vat + fitting). Alternatively you can have the job done by an independent and, if you live in the Northwest of England and can spare the car for a day, then I can recommend Star Bodies, Copse View Business Park, Copse Road, Fleetwood, Lancashire FY7 7PB (phone 01253-873395 and speak to Sam or Mike). They have done both of ours and many others too. Great guys who will always do a professional job at a very reasonable price. Note that it is a 2 to 3 hour job and then the sealant needs time to cure, hence the time. They also clean out the two drain holes for you while they are at it. Drop off the car, spend the day strolling around Fleetwood Market and the Freeport or taking in our lovely promenade before collecting and heading home. Once the job is done then no more wet seats and no more worries for the life of the car. If you live in the area then give these boys a bell, you will not be disappointed. All the very best and thanks for all the contributions which were a great help when I first discovered the leaks.
Currently in clio2john's garage:
clio II 1.5dci (two of)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome