Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Tyre Pressure Sensons, Cold Water, and Low Pressure!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd May 2006 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Tyre Pressure Sensons, Cold Water, and Low Pressure!

Got in the car this morning in the pouring rain, switched on and was presented with an orange warning on the info screen in the console telling me my rear n/s tyre was down to 21psi.

Got out to look, and it looked fine. It was stood in a pool of what I guess was cold water.

Went to the garage on the way to work and pumped all tyres up to 30ish.

Front were fine, but the rear one which was parked in a puddle for 18 hours was indeed down to 21, and the o/s one was in the mid-20's.

Display said the tyre was now at 29. It went up to 30 from driving by the time I parked up for the day. Went and checked it at dinner and it was down to 28 (hopefully just from cooling down).

Going to check them on the way home (it's been in the indoor car park all day so should be fairly even in terms of temperature.

Is this normal? For the tyre pressure to drop that much (5-10psi) in the cold? I know it did it once before when I had parked on ice all day, but this was just water.

I am hoping it's not a puncture! Fingers crossed the pressure has not dropped when I get to the car!
Currently in KeyRenRF3's garage:
2003 Renault Laguna II 2.0 IDE Initiale (Petrol, Manual)
  5 Lastest Threads by KeyRenRF3
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Door Handle Not Flush Bodywork liddy 3 1716 1st February 2010 01:19 PM
Warnings and Faults Engines KeyRenRF3 5 2179 5th January 2010 09:58 AM
Snapped Bumper Trim Bodywork VelSatisfied 3 1543 2nd November 2009 08:04 AM
Whine When Coasting Engines madnoel10 9 1996 10th February 2009 04:43 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome