Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic - Non Starter

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 15th February 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to stef123
Originally Posted by Rob_Cole View Post

My Scenic has decided today that it doesn't want to start. After googling I found this forum!

Have figured out it could be one of a number of things (from searching the forum) which I'm going to go outside and check once i've posted this.

Could be:-

a) Immobiliser issue
b) TDC Sensor

The Problem (note Battery is fully charged):-

Put key into ignition, it turns all way round but nothing happens. Once key has gone to ignition point on the barrel and I turn it back one turn, it won't go back to the ignition point, without completely removing they key, therefore I believe the car thinks its started?

All dash lights come on. Car just won't start or even turn over.

Has anyone else had this same issue and is it an easy fix?

Many thanks

welcome to the forum

can you hear a clicking sound? if its clicking try connecting a jump lead from the negative battery terminal to the engine. if it then decides to start it requires a new earth strap which costs around 5.
also worth checking the battery terminals are clean and tight.
If its not clicking it may be worth checking the connections to the starter motor, they have a nasty habbit of corroding.
there is a thin wire goes to the solenoid on top of the starter, this activates the solenoid on top of the starter when you turn the key. definetly worth checking out.
Currently in stef123's garage:
2006 Ford Mondeo ST TDCI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome