Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 2004 (54) Electric Window Problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th February 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Scenic 2004 (54) Electric Window Problem

Hi guys

I'm relatively new here and I think this may be my first post. I've attempted to search for some advice on the problem I'm about to tell you about but couldn't find anything quite the same (lots about regulators and plastic bits breaking though!).

The car in question is a Renault Scenic 2004 (54) Privilige 1.6 16V and this evening the drivers side window would not move, whereas the other three work as normal.

I arrived at the petrol station and turned the engine off, filled up, drove off and then stopped, thinking if I got out of the car and locked it maybe the ECU or whatever would "reset" itself and the window would work.

Anyway I did this (pressing the button on the door handle twice) and the driver's window opened all the way! It did not fall, the motor just wound it down. Annoyed, and cold, I got in the car and started her up and the window wouldn't respond. Great I thought... whats worse than a closed window that doesn't work? Yep, an open one!

I got home and tried a few more things (opening and closing all windows, turning the engine on and off, inserting the card in the slot) but nothing worked... not even hitting the switches

So my last resort, prior to taping up the window for the night, was to disconnect and reconnect the battery. I did this, open and closed the driver side door and locked the car... bargain, the window wound up but only a few inches. I opened the car and tried the switch... nothing... whereas the others worked (but of course only wound up/down a few inches... but as you know this is normal).

So thats where I am at the moment... in order to get the window closed I repeated the disconnect/reconnect of the battery and the open/lock of the door to get the window to eventually wind all the way back up.

So what do you guys think? My gut feeling is that it isn't a mechanical problem... the window works, it goes up and down... its just not behaving properly.

Any advice you guys could give me would be great

I did pay for the fuel

Sorry for the long post.
Currently in rwsims78's garage:
Clio 1.5dCi (02) and Scenic 1.6VVT (04)
  5 Lastest Threads by rwsims78
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Scenic 2004 (54) Electric Window Problem Electronics bernie123 7 24357 16th February 2009 12:08 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome