Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Your thoughts on a car deal

View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 16th February 2009 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Right i can give a more in depth review of the pathfinder now.
Overall the pathfinder is very simillar in size to the laguna 2 estate though taller. The pathfinder has a different take on the hands free locking system in that as long as you have th ekey in yuor pocket you can press a button on either front door or on the boot. Access through the doors to the front seats is good espacially as there is a side step that helps give a leg up ( which is also usfull for getting to the roof) there the same story for access to the second row of seats. To get to the rear (3rd row) seats you just pull a lever on either of the outer middle seats and it tumbles up out of the way. Whilst it was possible for me to sit in the 3rd row i wouldn't want to do it for a long time.
We put both kids in the very back which they thought was fun and it was easy to put them in we also tried 2 booster seats and a stage 1 car seat in the middle row which something we cant do in the laguna.
All the seats fold down to give a completly flat load space which is big enough to allow me to lie down. On th eside of space it is imoprtant to me that i can get my bike into the boot of the car with the load cover in place which was easily possible with the 3rd row folded in fact if i had rotate the handle bars i could just about get it in with the 3rd row up.
The pathfinder is easy to drive with light controls and good visability in fact the door mirrors are some of the biggest i have seen this side of a truck.
The engine whilst not that powerfull ( it is a 2.5dci based on th e2.2) it copes with the 2 tonnes of th epathfinder well and you tend to feel that you are going faster than you are. It is very comfortable to drive on the motorway.
When you select reverse not only does the near side mirror dip it brings on a rear mounted cammera which is really usefull.
We even took the car a little ofroad which was fun and something i would want to do with my own.
All in all we were very impresed with the car and now know that we do want one it will just be a question of when.
Currently in owenfackrell's garage:
2006 laguna II, initiale sports tourer 2.0Dci , but has had laguna 1 rxe (both phases) and a 98 clio rxe and a Laguna II Sports Tourer 1.9Dci Privilege and a Megane Coupe 2.0 16v in red and a 2007 57 plate megane II privilege 1.5 DCi estate (with Panoramic sunroof) and a 2001 Clio 1.4 Privilagein black.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome