Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - W reg clio mtv, what phase?

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 22nd May 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by chris m
If it's like my older Clio the CL & RL are in the roof mounted centre console beneath the arial. There is a common problem with water ingress through the base of the arial (seal with silicone) or through the sunroof drain holes.(if fitted). Do a forum search for "pond".

The water comes in and can wreck the PCB that controls the remote locking (as mine has) and this may, I suspect, be the problem.
Hi Chris
Thanks for your reply, the car is a cat c, bonett catch failed, smasing windscreen and knocking aerial off also denting the roof a little, bought it cheap so not bothered about dents as windscreen and bonnet were repaired.
Have'nt fitted the aerial yet just taped the hole up (no water coming through at mo) the aerial base and aerial are wrecked so need to buy new ones.
Anyway I think they have tried to knock the dents out as they have removed the interior light, all I can there at the mo is a lead/wire with a loop on the end which I thought was to screw the aerial into, there is nothing else there apart from the wire to plug into the light.
Dya know what the PCB looks like?
Thanks for your help
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome