Join Date: Jul 2006
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,852 Posts
Well, if it were me, I'd go for the Audi, for the following reasons;
- Its less likely to have led a hard life
- There are more of them - better choice means more deals/better spec
- More economical
- Larger, so better for rear occupants/luggage
- You can always 'chip' the diesel and the performance difference will be insignificant
- I know they are both made by the same parent company, but the Audi will carry more prestige than a VW
Just my own thoughts, best of luck with what you decide.
This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater