Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Interiors - Electric sunroof problem. - Reset Fixed It !

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 19th February 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Worked for me too!
At 2yrs 11 months, the car went into Sunwins for rectification of two major problems and a couple of minor "window slow" and "sunroof squeaked once". The Sunroof, they "lubricated the tracks" and from that point on it would only move between closed and 1 cm dropped down (continously whilst you left the control in one posistion". It would not open at all.
Just had the usual discussion, "if we broke it, we'll fix, but if we didn't we will let you decide to take the car away, etc?" Exactly why would I specify a sunroof and not want them to fix it, especially, if it broke while they had it?
As I was travelling to the S of France a few days later, I was more concerned about the ESP lamp that was fixed with a new ESP Control pump and the noisey engine, which they say is normal. Anyway it rained and I didn't use the sunroof!!!

Applying the fix...
Set control to "Closed", pushed the button, it chugged to about Open 6 inches and stopped. Turned the control to "Tilt Open", the sunroof closed.
Set control to Closed and pushed button again... didn't move again. Now works perfectly.

Probably asking too much but, why don't they mention this in the book?
Did I inadvertantly close the sunroof using the Keyfob button and start this problem?

Successful... Many thanks for being here!
I'm a member on the rx8ownersclub too.
Currently in BlueNev's garage:
RX-8 231 (57) Laguna II 1.9Dci(55)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome