Join Date: Sep 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 331 Times in 300 Posts
Don't quote me but I'd say your engine was overheating hence why the STOP light came on as if you continued to drive with an overheated engine you could crack the cylinder head etc.
I would check that your engine fans are running correctly first off as this is the most likely cause for engine overheating. To check, run the car at idle for a few minutes and see if the fan kicks in. If it doesn't, you could have a faulty fan switch.
Sorry, also check that your coolant level hasn't dropped and check underneath for leaks.
Post back here with your results....unless anyone comes up with better idea!
Currently in scatz's garage:
2004 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B, a 2013 2.0 TDCi Titanium X Sport S-Max and a 2001 Honda NSR125R