Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 1997 Megane - central locking with a (crazy) mind of its own

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th February 2009 Thread Starter
Pocket Weasel
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
1997 Megane - central locking with a (crazy) mind of its own

Hi there - I'm new so hello to everyone!

I wonder if anyone can help. I've just bought myself a 1997 megane classic. it's got a few little faults (fan only works on 6 etc), but after reading through the forum I don't think they'll be a problem to fix.

There is one thing that is troubling me though, and that's the central locking. It seems to have a mind of its own. If I've run the car for a while it starts to lock and unlock itself repeatedly. This happens when I'm driving, and also when it is parked up. After a while it seems to settle down and stop.

I don't think it's related to the key fob, as it still does it when I walk away with the key.

I've checked the receiver in the roof panel, and the circuit board seems fine - no signs of water or anything that I could see.

Has anyone come across this before, and if so, is there a fix?

On a related note, does anyone know if it is possible to disconnect the alarm, or at least disconnect the siren? I'm not worried about anyone stealing the car, and with the locking and unlocking business the alarm has gone off accidentally, and I hate that.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Currently in Pocket Weasel's garage:
1997 Megane 1.9 diesel
  5 Lastest Threads by Pocket Weasel
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
1997 Megane - central locking with a (crazy) mind... Electronics Bob925 8 2048 19th February 2009 07:45 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome