Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Turbo Diesel Engine Problems

View Single Post
post #77 of (permalink) Old 20th February 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Laguna 2 Turbo

Hi, as a new member and in regards to the reported laguna 2 dci turbo problem. I was on the recieving end just before christmas. All I knew was a loss of power (40mph on M1 with foot to the floor). No warning light for approx 3 miles. Changed down a gear, then the fuel injection warning flashed on screen. Put a long story short. Turbo blew at 100,043miles. My local dealer has quoted 1762 to get replaced, but can't guarrentee the engine has blown. Only got black smoke and smell of oil burning when turbo kicks in. I have spoken to ren uk. One guy admitted that the garrett turbo only has a lifespan of 100,000miles. Overall this car has been much of a lemon, New intercooler, h/light control box (both sides), tyre sensors replaced, alternator, both front window regulators, rear wiper unit, now turbo . You'll think someones trying to tell me something? Other than those not a bad car.
Currently in lex.andrews's garage:
SAAB 9-5 2.3lpt SE Saloon. Renault Laguna 1.8 Privilege Sport Tourer.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome