Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - CD Stereo replacement in Clio MkII

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th February 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
CD Stereo replacement in Clio MkII

Hi All

I am thinking of changing the Stereo in my 02 plate Clio, and having done some reading up, I didn't quite expect it to be as complicated as it is (although I have never changed a car stereo other than a standard DIN for DIN swap).

The main reason I want to change the stereo is to get one which has a USB port and/or SD card slot, to allow me to listen to MP3s (on an SD card is USB stick).

Now I think I'm right in saying I would need a) a stereo, and b) A stalk interface lead (PC99-X12) with the correct connector to whichever brand stereo I buy.

Does this sound about right? I can't tell whether I need a 3rd item/cable to connect to the Clio LED dash display. Obviously the stereo would display all track information, but I would still like the dash display to show the time, temp etc, and I dont know whether that still works if you replace the stereo.

I really need to decide whether its worth paying approx 120 on a new stereo and cables just so I can play MP3s in my car.

Also how straight forward is it to do this work?

I have had a search and found a few threads about connecting MP3 players and ipods, but I dont have one of these so thats not really an alternative solution. I've also had a look in the Clio FAQ section before posting this question, so sorry if I've missed something thats already here!

Any help would be appreciated.
  5 Lastest Threads by Linus
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
CD Stereo replacement in Clio MkII Electronics Jonlucpicard 1 6773 20th February 2009 08:48 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome