Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - IDE alarm problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th February 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry IDE alarm problems

Hi, I've been all over the net trying to find the solution to this problem.

I have a 52 plate 2.0L IDE coupe (which I had just put up for sale) that has developed a problem with the alarm sounding randomly when the car is locked and no one is near it.

I was sitting watching TV one night when the alarm went off. I opened and relocked the doors with the ***8216;plip***8217; key. Everything was fine for ten minutes then the same happened again. This continued for a couple of hours till I went down and disconnected the battery and left the car unlocked in the street.

The drivers***8217; door does not have a key lock on it for some reason so I can't lock it manually. Anyway I have kept it in a locked garage since.

Before this happened, I noticed water had been dripping out the sunroof/interior lights area. I have been told this is probably from the aerial and that this may have caused the problem. I have sealed up the aerial from the inside and checked all the door and boot sensors which are fine. I can't find the bonnet sensor so have been unable to check this.

There was also water coming into the passenger foot well. I have heard this could be due to blocked pipes, which I will check tomorrow. However, could all this be linked to my alarm going off every 10 to 15 minutes when the car is locked?

Could it be the battery on the way out or a bad earth connection?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Currently in bigphil83's garage:
Megane IDe

Last edited by bigphil83; 20th February 2009 at 12:02 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by bigphil83
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
IDE alarm problems Electronics bigphil83 4 966 20th February 2009 11:21 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome