Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 1 - Front Subframe Damaged

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 21st February 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Help please!!!

Hi to the forum.

Got caught in a big hailstorm the other day and was thrown into the kerb at about 15 mph....the result was a side on impact to the drivers wheel. The wishbone took a knock but seems to have transferred most of the force to the subframe. I have taken the old one off and have the new wishbone but the subframe is now clearly twisted.

The wishbone sits in ok but full travel is prohibited by the top of the wishbone with the suspension dropped by the jacked up car the top edge rubs against the wishbone housing - but might not when the car is lowered off the jack.

I've bent back the wishbone housing but the angle is still out due to the subframe being twisted.

So do i bend it back as best I can ( this is on the side of the road with minimal tools). Get it to a garage and have it done profesionally ( the car is worth 5-600 max) and was not insured for the impact as only 3rd party?

Or do I split my beloved RSi for parts and hope they cover the majority of the costs of a new car?
Any ideas would be gratefully recieved.

TY Cosmo
Currently in cosmo_'s garage:
Clio RSI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome