Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - scenic alarm problem?

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 23rd May 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi Guys - First time poster here, so go gently!

We bought a Renault Scenic II On Saturday, it's a 54 plate, 1.5dci Dynamique model, and it's a lovely car, apart from one thing!

The alarm seems to have a mind of it's own of late, and I just wanted to confirm something with the experts on here. On Sunday morning the alarm was being triggered outside my parents by passing traffic, on Sunday evening by heavy rain!

I've noticed since we bought the car, that when I press the 'lock; button on my keycard, there is a high pitched whine/whistle that lasts for approximately 1 minute (at a guess) Having read through some posts on here, does this suggest that the car thinks something is open? More than likely the bonnet?

I'm going to take the car back to the garage on Saturday and ask them to fix it, in the meantime, is there a means that I can lock the car without arming the alarm system? We live in a quiet little village, and want to show some consideration for my neighbours

Many thanks! Looking forward to be a contributor on here
Currently in davegrainger's garage:
2004 Renault Clio 1.2
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome