Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd February 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Red face Espace!

Hi everyone

I have a 1995 espace. I love this motor but im having probs.

prob is that when i turn on the lights or the heater it seems to drain the battery really quick...the battery light comes on and the ten minutes later the car dies. the orange auto light also comes on.

The alternator seems to be charging the battery but headlights or heater seems to drain the battery.

the other night i was driving home when the fuse strip where the 2 leads come from the positive terminal had melted on the left hand side. all the lights went out and it was a busy road. i somehow managed to get it going again. now when i got home I butchered a spanner and popped this in the fuse strips place and this seems to get the car started but the car only runs for ten mins or until i put the lights or heater on......any ideas????
  5 Lastest Threads by intrepidmax
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Can I put porsche alloys on 95 espace ??? Wheels & tyres Tiggerz_SRi 2 819 27th February 2009 09:56 AM
Wanted.....body kit for 1995 espace Exterior styling ottoman 1 1166 22nd February 2009 06:26 PM
Espace! Electronics 14 1885 22nd February 2009 03:14 PM
Hi everyone. Welcome to RenaultForums martin999 3 768 22nd February 2009 03:02 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome