Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Where is the washer pump on a Megane?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd February 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Where is the washer pump on a Megane?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it....

My wife has had her Megane for about a year now, and I recently had to drive it. When trying to wash the rear screen the water comes out on to the front screen. When I asked her how long its been like that, she tells me that "its always been like that, since we first got it".

After explaining to her that if she'd have reported it to the garage any time in the first 3 months of ownership they'd fix it for free, I set about finding the problem.

From the forum I gather its the washer pump needs replacing, so where is the pump located? Is it on the reservoir, and do i need to pull the front bumper off to change this?

She's yet to but a Haines manual, so i'm not sure where to begin, other than knowing that if its been designed by the French it'll probably make no sense or follow any form of logic.
Currently in EvilTwin's garage:
2000 megane 1.6 16v Dynamique +
  5 Lastest Threads by EvilTwin
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Where is the washer pump on a Megane? Electronics EvilTwin 8 2396 22nd February 2009 06:06 PM
Megane rear doorlock types! Bodywork EvilTwin 2 885 22nd February 2009 05:56 PM
Hi, new Megane owner (well my wife is anyway) Welcome to RenaultForums adam01 7 874 29th February 2008 11:49 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome