Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - towbar fitting advise

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 22nd February 2009 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to stef123
Originally Posted by Bob925 View Post
In the Cav hidden away behind some trim was a lovely socket that they left there 15 years ago - designed for a Vauxhall extra loom to be plugged straight in that would allow all trailer lights to work. I just cut the connector off and used the wires there which made the job real easy - there was even a small gromit in the back of the car to allow the wires to pass down to the towbar.

I was hoping I could get the towing lights telltail to work on the dash, but couldn't so I hid a buzzer in there instead. A buzzer that you can barely hear in the car, but is very load on the outside!
ahh very good bob. ive got a choice of 2 grommits for passing the wire down to the towbar, one for the reverse light and the other for the fog light.
there is a good amount of wires going to the lights and whatever else is at the back end of the car though and most of them are the same colour by the look of it so finding out what each one does will be fun and games
Currently in stef123's garage:
2006 Ford Mondeo ST TDCI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome