Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Remote Control Failure

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 23rd May 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Remote Control Failure

Anyone have an idea about a fault with my 1.8 laguna sport tourer 01 plate remote control.I had locked the car on friday pm with the keycard remote.On monday am I went to unlock car and the thing was completly dead,the light worked on the keycard but the car did not unlock.I tried spare remote and it was still dead.I replaced both batteries and tried again but still dead.I had to use the emergency key in the passenger door to gain acess.The car started fine and the central locking worked fine on the internal locking button.I tried the remotes again but nothing.I had to lock the car from inside and use the key again. Again the remote did nothing.I went indoors and began to think of what Renault would charge to fix.Late in the afternoon I tried one more time with the remote and guess what.....
it unlocked the car and was working perfect!It now works like it did before!Any ideas as to what happened.........
its got me foxed....................
Currently in twobigdogs's garage:
2001 Laguna Spoet Tourer Dynamique
  5 Lastest Threads by twobigdogs
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Battery/pollen filter laguna 2 Electronics hondo 1 1445 25th September 2006 06:04 PM
Laguna 2 Tyres Wheels & tyres Rog 7 2360 18th September 2006 06:28 PM
Haynes Manual Cars & motoring robster 4 1496 17th September 2006 05:19 PM
Laguna sport tourer lights Electronics twobigdogs 9 1441 28th August 2006 07:31 PM
Remote Control Failure Electronics chris m 1 1213 23rd May 2006 06:37 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome