Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Door Lock Motor/Solenoid Failure

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 23rd February 2009
Paul Dengel
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by nrobst View Post
Hi Eeeps,

I've got the same problem but on the drivers-side passenger door - but for the life of me I can't work out how to get the door look out - can you provide any pointers, please?

I've got the door card off and can see the motor, and have removed the torx screws on the side of the door and the motor mostly comes loose, but there appears to be one more thing holding it in place. Any ideas?

I replaced the lockon th drivers door of my Lag recently. Not sure about the back doors, but on the frnt doors you will find a small black plastic grub thing on the door edge near the lock. pop this out and you will find a screw that loosens the doorhandle.

The doorhandle will come loose and you will need to remove the whole doorhandle, by first pulling out the part at the opposite end to the hanle hinge, t=you can then slide the handle a little towards the door hinge and remove it, it should now be fairly easy to access the cable assemblies to remove the lock. It's a bit fiddly for me on the front door with my fat fingers but I managed to do the whole job in just over an hour.

you will need a couple of sizes of Torx, I found my set didn't have the exact size I needed so had to go out and buy more bits.

Good luck!
Currently in Paul Dengel's garage:
57 BMW 520d (177 bhp) SE Tourer and a 51 1.2 16v Clio Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome