Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault 21 ECU ?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th February 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault 21 ECU ?

Hi Guys

A few years ago I bought a 1989 Renault 21 from a German bloke in London. The car only had 50k on the clock, was exceptionally clean and was left hand drive.

To this day it's the most comfortable car I've ever owned but I gave it to my Father-in-law who managed to break it within a few weeks.

I still don't know exactly how he managed it and what exactly the symptoms are. He speaks only Slovak and I don't understand a word of it so all I know is that the car is broken.

It's a Renualt 21 Beverly hatchback with an auto gearbox. Everything worked perfectly for the year or so that I drove it but today I've been sent a picture of the offending part:

Does anyone know what this is ? I think it's an ECU but I can't be sure. I need to find a replacement one for him whatever it is so if you can advise on cheap Renualt spares dealers that would be good.

My Dad actually drives a Renualt Espace and he's had his fair share of problems but on the whole is very happy with his. I just need to help out the Father-in-law now.

I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Cheers guys

Currently in Roccoaster's garage:
Chevrolet Astro, Pontiac Firebird, Chrysler Sebring
  5 Lastest Threads by Roccoaster
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
I've done it again Cars & motoring Roccoaster 3 696 11th May 2009 09:14 AM
Renault 21 ECU ? Electronics Roccoaster 5 1275 24th February 2009 05:45 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome