Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Bonnet catch, still going wrong !

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 25th February 2009 Thread Starter
timmy toad
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio Bonnet catch, still going wrong !

Hi all, i went to Chorley earlier this week, and on the way back down the M6 on the opposite carriageway (going north) i saw a Black Clio safely parked on the hard shoulder with it's Bonnet firmly embedded in it's windscreen and roof, i thought poor sod, i bet that is a terrible feeling, having your forward vision suddenly obliterated like that and the cost of repairs must be horrendous. this is assuming you havent been killed along with other innocent folk.

I really did think this type of incident was a thing of the past, it was about 2 years ago, my missus, who has a Clio, was informed by Renault of the importance of having her Bonnet Catch properly lubricated, i convinced her it was perfectly OK, she was happy with this !,

UNTIL last week we had ANOTHER letter from Renault more or less telling her to take it to a Renault Dealer, so that is what we are doing this coming Saturday morning, off to the local Renault Main Dealer at Dunstable to let a "proffesional" look at it.

despite me convincing her it IS perfectlyOK !.

many years ago i worked at Vauxhall Motors, all there prototypes had to goto Millbrook prooving ground where the vehicles were subjected to severe testing on very rough road surfaces causing all manner of vibrations etc. which would highlight any possible problems like the problems which seem to be afflicting the Clio's Bonnet Catch !.

Currently in timmy toad's garage:
Mine = Vauxhall W reg. Meriva 1.6 8v, Wifes = Renault Clio RN T reg.,
  5 Lastest Threads by timmy toad
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
T reg Clio, the washers don't work ? help please Electronics timmy toad 2 1509 22nd October 2011 10:47 AM
clio screen wash jets remove ? Bodywork IT66 3 1892 25th September 2011 03:37 PM
kango, bonnet release doesn't work !! Bodywork timmy toad 2 1416 1st August 2011 05:42 PM
injection warning light has come on !!! Engines timmy toad 5 1781 1st October 2009 05:37 PM
laguna fuel filler, how do i open it please ? Bodywork mord 5 1621 8th July 2009 07:42 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome