Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 2004 (54) Electric Window Problem

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 25th February 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
There are three fuses in the glove box that control the windows. the left most 25amp fuse controls only the drivers (OSF) window. I know this as I've had to remove it to keep my window shut as it will otherwise open or close as it sees fit.

From what Renault eventually told me, it was the regulator that needed replacing at a price higher than the smoke from a burning sheep reaches.

Anyway... I eventually got the door card off for a look around. Not the regulator as there are no electrical bits on the regulator. The motor possibly as it is electrical, but on investigation, if you remove the single retaining screw that holds the 6pin plug to wiring loom tight to the actual motor, and replace the fuse, you can hear the plug actuators or something open and close, so It isn;t the motor assembly itself that's at fault.

Where we are now, if looking to see if we can buy this part seperately, or if not, then find a replacement motor.

Anyone know of anywhere, bar Renault themselves, where I can get hold of an Electric Window motor, or this bit of it, for a 2004 ScenicII with anti pinch? Also, windows close on locking the car if that makes a difference to the part required.

Many thanks.
Currently in Autozaf's garage:
2004 Scenic 1.6i auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome