Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Changing Xenon Headlights

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 26th February 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by davesss View Post
If you have looked at the thread above you should know whether it's the bulb or the ballast.

This link is embedded in the same link but hard to find..........

Shows you how to remove the bumper to replace the bulbs and ballast.

As long as the headlights are switched off or the battery disconnected there is no danger in doing the job yourself, the danger comes from the ballast which genarates around 30000 volts to light the xenon bulbs.

There is a wire that goes from the HID ballast and connects to the side light, if this is not connected the xenon bulb on the same side does not light up.
Thx Davesss,

The xenon flickers a couple of times then fails to light, when I bought the car (1 week ago) I noted the side light was blown but both headlights worked (little did I know how big a job changing a bulb would be!!) as I have to change the xenon I bought a pair from HIDS4U 68.50 inc delivery... not bad as renault wanted 110 + VAT. I printed the whole thread and the "How To" guide and am planning Saturday afternoon disassembling the fron of my car to change xenons and the side light... hopefully this will leave me with a spare.

The other thing I have just noticed is that the headlight wash jets are not functioning is this a coomon fault and easy to diagnose and fix?

thx Nigel
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome