Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Help plz? Radio not working

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 27th February 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Thanks for your reply guys.

Its a megane rxe. tiggerz .. theres no big black one ... if that makes sense? Just a small black thing

And yes scatz i totally agree that is what looked like happened. I bought it from a dealer and they seem really reluctant to help me! Infact they wont .. so kinda stuck!

Heres the pictures as wanted

Thanks alot for your help!
Hmmm head scratcher!!

The yellow plug on the back of the radio looks like speaker connector to me, pairs of colour coded wires should run to left and right , front and rear + & - speaker channels. Two wires out of each port would suggest you have tweaters fitted also.
The small plug below that would be for the LCD display or possibly the steering wheel controls. The large back wire haning would be an earth, and as Tigz suggested connects to the metal tab on the casing.

That would mean your missing the main power and lighting feed. Which would plug in above the yellow connector.

Can you take a better shot of the back of the radio as there looks like there are no pins comming out of the second plug hole at the angle you've taken the pic at.

I could be wrong mind! As suggested see if you can find a second connector floating around or bare/taped up wires to suggest it's been cut off. Might even be totaly the wron setreo for the car!

You can get aftermarket head units cheap enough these days and a face plate addaptor to be able to fit it. At a last resort.

One of us lot should be able to help wire it up

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

PSN: MEW1980
Currently in Mikey's garage:
1996 Mazda MX-3 V6, a 2002 1.2 8v Fiat Punto active (the Wife's!) and a 1998 Suzuki GN 125. Used to own a 2002 Laguna II Dynamique 1.8 16V (Now Sold yey!)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome