Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #262 of (permalink) Old 2nd March 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi John,

Thanks for your message. I'm glad someone else has got a disappearing VIN, just so I know it's nothing to worry about.

And the info you gave on the Parrot is really useful as I'm looking at a Parrot kit too. My car has the phone tray in the centre console, but I can't see any other connections or fittings (so it's useful to know where the standard Renault microphone is, behind the rear view mirror). Can I just ask, was there much involved in terms of pulling out trim, fascias etc? Just don't want creaks and rattles to develop as a result of getting a phone system fitted... And I thought Parrot systems come with their own microphone, so do you mean you stuck with the Renault one somehow? Sorry if I'm being thick!

I got 2 Michelin Primacy XP XL's fitted to the front and the car seems much quieter and seems to like them. Seems quite a good combination, with the Continental SC3's on the back and the Michelin's on the front. Just hope they all last reasonably long. When I got the rear tyres put on before Xmas, I got all 4 wheels tracked/aligned, but when I took my car to get the new front tyres fitted, the different place I want to for the tracking this time, told me that the alignment was way off! Bit bizarre seeing as I had them tracked 8 weeks ago. Will keep everyone posted.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome