Independent Renault Forums banner

Renault Laguna 2004 privilage; where is amplifier exactly?

4K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  aramis1 
#1 ·
Hi,

i wanna use the aux in of my cabsse auditorium 6CD changer unit. I heard that its aux unit is not on the CD changer unint in dash. Aux in is on the amplifier and amplifier is else where in tha car. But i cant find it.

Where is it, thank you.

#2 ·
Hi and welcome to the forums.

Check in the boot on the left hand side. There may be a carpeted flap with the amp inside it ?

On my 2002 laguna the 6 CD changer was here, so maybe for the in dash changers they put the amp here instead?

Worth a look I suppose.

#3 ·
i saw a black plastic box in carpeted flap on the left hand side of boot. And some cables around here. But i can disconnect or open that black plastic box. So i cant know it is a ampli or not. How can i open it? i dont wanna break it.

Thank you very much. This is my first thread.

#4 ·
i saw a black plastic box in carpeted flap on the left hand side of boot. And some cables around here. But i can disconnect or open that black plastic box. So i cant know it is a ampli or not. How can i open it? i dont wanna break it.

Thank you very much. This is my first thread.

#12 ·
If you open the carpet flap you will see the amp inside it just looks like a rectangular plastic box, the holes should be in each corner looking up at you. Have a poke around - i remember them being a bit difficult to find.

Basically on each side there is a release mechanism to remove the unit from its retaining frame.

The two holes on each side need a circular tube/wire approx 2mm in diamter pushed in each of the holes on the same side simultaniously to release the retaining mechanism.

An old metal coat hanger is perfect for this.

Edit: pictures:

Keys - this is what you fashion out of a coat hanger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.